Sunday, 19 August 2012

It's always amusing to see the western elite mobilise in favour of some pet foreign dissidents. This week it's Pussy Riot. Not long ago it was the Chink artist Weiwei. It's amusing because it shows how desperately lacking in self-awareness these people are. They will happily mobilise for anti-system protesters in Russia or China, yet say not a word as Koran burners, Holocaust deniers, politicians like Geert Wilders or even bloggers and tweeters are sent to prison in their own countries.

Each elite moralises its own hold on power so that challenges to it are seen as genuinely wicked. But the moral frameworks of other elites in other countries are not taken seriously. They are seen for what they are: base, self-serving hypocrisy masquerading as ethics. But OUR system really is so good that any challenge to it must be evil, they say. No doubt the Chink and Russian elites sincerely believe in the merits of their system as much as ours do in theirs. The next time western governments whine to the Chinks about human rights, the Chink government should take up the cause of Counterjihad and anti-European genocide activists in Europe. Put them on the defensive. We are the Pussy Riots, the Solzhenitsyns, the Vaclav Havels, the Nigson Mandelas of our age.

Here's the latest system dissident to be victimised, the German NPD politician Udo Pastör.

In a speech in a German regional parliament after a holocaust commemoration event, he spoke of an "Auschwitz projection" of the democrats and a "Victory of lies over truth", a "shock theatre" and a "guilt cult".

The German constitution says MPs have legal immunity for anything they say in parliament except slander. What he said obviously doesn't qualify as slander but they prosecuted him anyway. He was accused of holocaust denial, despite the fact that his words were highly ambiguous and could be interpreted in many ways other than as an affirmation of holocaust denial. He's just been given a suspended sentence of 8 months in prison. Will Madonna be taking up his cause at her next concert? I doubt it.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading this blog for a while, and usually agree with you, but I can't support the use of epithets like "chink." There's no reason for it. You're just engaging in emotional static for the sake of venting. It's vulgar and beneath the intelligent and articulate person we know you to be.

No credible person is ever going to take you seriously if you engage in childish name-calling.

Cheradenine Zakalwe said...

Chink, nigger, Paki.

The more I think about it, the more it seems to me that the restriction of free speech is the root cause of our current predicament. And it strikes me that the best way to restore it would be to systematically violate the taboos by using the most offensive language possible. Of course it would need to be done en masse to be effective.

Anonymous said...

I remember reading an old book of my grandmother's from the sixties. The authour was one of these cutting-edge beatnik social commentator types; it was a book of essays on the issues of the day.

At the time there was a lot controversy around the use of the word "fuck" in public performances, like stand-up acts and avant-garde plays and whatnot.

In order to free himself of his own inhibitions about the word, the authour describes sitting down at the typewriter one day and simply typing the word, "fuck" over and over again, page after page, hour after. When he was finished, he realized he was no longer afraid of the word "fuck."

So I can definitely appreciate where you're going with this. But for me, personally, racial epithets are just too vulgar. I see it is a matter of personal style and dignity instead of a censorship issue. It's possible I could analyze my position on this more deeply, but why should I? I'm comfortable with it and I like it. Lord knows I've already wasted enough time in my life examining my behavior in light of political considerations on one side of the other.

Where this concerns you is that you run the risk of fundamentally alienating people by using these epithets in a way that using obscenities never could. I don't think racial epithets will ever become even moderately acceptable in our lifetimes. They will always be the kiss of death.

I think you're an absolutely brilliant writer, one of the very best I've come across on the anti-jihad scene, and I've read most of them. It would be a tragedy if your talent were to go to waste because of the use of a few stupid words.

I know it's your blog and your decision. These are just my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

*I see it AS a matter*
*political considerations on one side OR the other*

Diversity Macht Frei

Iostream

Share It

Search

Loading...

Blog Archive

Powered by Blogger.

Blog Archive

Total Pageviews